Thursday, November 6, 2008

Arrgh Why Me

Its been the most disasterous week. After Pumpkins fabulous performance on the weekend I was pumped and looking forward to Champs. But what happaned? Monday night some dipshit behind us decided to let off fireworks. The next morning I found Pumpkin with a very swollen tendon. I spent the next 3 days icing it several times per day and putting a mag boot on at night but sadly it was not much improving so today had the vet out. He reckons its just the sheath. No core damage fortunately. But probably the end of the road for me for Champs. For the next 4 days its nitrofurazone sweats during the day and mag boots at night plus some heavy duty anti inflamm paste. Vet back on Tuesday to scan and give verdict. Being ever the hopeful he said I might just get to Champs anyway. If he gives the all clear on Tuesday that will leave me 3 days to get him back up to speed. I think that would be very hopeful.:)
I had a good lesson on Finn today. His contact has become very uneven and we are doing our best to get it sorted. He is going to the WAR Dressage on Sunday as a Champs Warmup.

No comments: