Thursday, January 14, 2010

The New kid on the block

No pics yet but Pidge was mean't to come to me even though I was not supposed to be acquiring anymore horses. :)

Pidge's start in life was very shaky and if it was not for one person he would not be here at all. I will not go into details on here due to the fact that there is a certain breeder who does not deserve to know where he is now and how he is doing.

He is a Welsh cob X by Lorien Elrond (Sec D) out of A. Best Kept Secret.

On researching Pidges family I discovered a link through his dam Best Kept Secret. She is by A.Premier out of a TB mare Whoopy Herself.
A.Premier was a 15hh TB X by Babaroom (TB) out of Deep Secret who was a 14.2hh 1.30 SJ pony.
On researching Deep Secret I discovered I knew both her sire and dam and worked at the stud where they both were in the late 70s. Deep Secrets sire was a brown TB called Mace and her dam was a grey Welsh cob X called Sapphire. I remember both of them vividly especially Sapphire who I rode.
So 30 years later I end up with Sapphires Great great grandson.
I did have a foal by Mace called Tartare but sadly she died at 14 months old. I do remember another filly called Saffron who was by Mace and although my memory is a tad sketchy I am thinking now that Saffron may have been out of Sapphire and that could have made her Deep Secret or at least a full sister to her.

Amazing how things come about.

No comments: